My values guide my approach to work, the clients I choose to work with and the impact I want to have through my business
- I strive to provide outstanding value for your time, money and effort.
- I pride myself on strong customer service – I’m not happy until you’re happy.
- I love to learn new things and improve my skills – whether through formal training, self-directed learning or gaining insights from my peers.
- I have checks and balances in place to make sure my work is error-free and nails the brief.
- I get most of my work from repeat clients and referrals – I take that as the highest compliment.
- I respect your time, budget and expertise – and I expect the same from my clients.
- I give recommendations, suggestions and edits with empathy and consideration.
- I operate with integrity – I deliver what I promise and charge for my services in a way that’s fair for both of us.
- I invest in my relationships with clients and always strive to create a positive experience for us both.
Being a force for good
- I choose to work with clients who want to have a positive impact on the world. See examples of my work.
- I use inclusive and non-stigmatising language when writing about people, groups and health issues.
- I strive to reduce my environmental impact by using 100% GreenPower in my home office, maintaining an (almost) paperless business and walking or taking public transport to meetings where possible.
- I give back by donating 1% of my income each month to Pay the Rent and supporting a range of other not-for-profits.